Thursday, December 4, 2014

Knocked down again... but not for long.

Sam continues to amaze us.  This tough pup continues to be knocked down, but she refuses to stay down for long.

It has been an extremely tough couple of days.  We started noticing Sam favoring her neck again.   She was under very close observation by my wife and I.    Something was just “off” a couple days ago.  Yesterday morning she had another Chemotherapy treatment, a quick injection, and then we returned home.   We gave her a muscle relaxer to help with her neck.
I noticed her being very lethargic early in the afternoon.  I assumed it was from a pain pill and muscle relaxer we gave her.   I asked both Corgis to move into a quite room to sleep.  I then stepped away for three hours for some work commitments.  Then I returned I noticed Sam had severely declined.  She was salivating and miserable.   Late in the afternoon I witnessed her having a Grand Mal seizure.   This was horrifying to watch.  I ran to her, held her carefully, and tried to calm her down.  Her pour heart was racing.  I knew something had to be done.  I reached out to her Oncologist and explained what had happened.  We then witness two more Grand Mal Seizures, one I tried to video to show the doctors.   Later that evening we rushed her back to the ER.  Sleep was not an option last night.   She was rescued from the seizure cycle, and has not had an episode since last night.  THANK YOU God!  Sam has skirted another health issue.

She is currently now recovering back home.  She rested quietly today.  She is very exhausted and worn out from the seizures.  This evening she did perk up another to play briefly with her toys and her sister.   She is back resting quietly now.  Her appetite is back in force, as to be expected post-seizure.  She will be on daily medication indefinitely from this point forward, to control the seizures.  Her Oncologist knows what medication to use, and when to use it.  He is very informed and educated about the latest advancements in medicine.  

Prayers, devotion and love are keeping her going.  Thank you everyone.  We are humbled every day by this simple Corgi, that only wants to be a true friend.

Paws Crossed.

No comments:

Post a Comment