Monday, December 8, 2014

A true friend has left this earth today.

A true friend has left this earth today.

Hello everyone. 
It is with great sadness that I write today letting everyone know Sam has crossed the bridge.  She passed peacefully early this AM.  She is now frapping freely in the grass, chasing rabbits and tennis balls.  Eating full bowls of food to fill up her chubby belly.   Bossing around her sister and herding her around the yard.  Soaking up the sun just sitting in the yard keep a watchful eye on what I am doing.  Sam never left my side, ever.  A true friend.  We were blessed to be graced with her love for 7 years and 9 months.  Far, far to short for a Corgi.  Sam always enjoyed rides in the car.  She loved to sleep on my lap, peacefully while driving. 

Sam was diagnosed with Lymphoma in March 2014.  Before that she became septic in 2011, due to bowel complications.  Recently she had begun to have seizures.  We were never fully able to get them under control, and she had finally had enough.  Through it all, Sam remained so very tough.  She would always bounce back, but not this last time.  I have never known a dog so strong.  She wanted nothing more in life but to just be by my side.   I miss her dearly not sitting near my feat as I write this.  It is tough to choke back the tears. 

There is so very much love for Sam and her sister Taz, who is now our only Corgi.  We will continue this love and admiration for Taz, for her, and to keep the memory of her sister close.

Please take some time this evening to sit quietly with your pups.  Dogs make life worth living.  Thank you to everyone who kept in touch with kind words for Sam.  They are appreciated more then you know.  Remember to take pictures and create lasting memories with your pups. 


I will see you again someday little Sam.  I will have plenty of tennis balls to chase and a bag full of treats when we meet again.  Until then, I know you will be watching over everything I do.

1 comment:

  1. I know how hard this must have been to write, and I hope it was cathartic as well, sharing your loving memories of Sam. So many Corgi and dogs-other-than-Corgi lovers hold you in our thoughts. May your memories make you smile, very soon.

    ReplyDelete